SYEDS Consultancy has been helping potential students to come and study in Canada. Our Team has more than 10 years of experience in dealing with admission applications of Canadian higher education institutions. If you are thinking to apply for further studies in Canada use our below guidance and make a free consultation to speak to our consultants.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
All applicants to undergraduate programs must general admission requirements and must submit:
- Successful graduation from an academic secondary school program or equivalent (For most countries, the same academic preparation as is required for university entrance in that country is required for consideration).
GCSE, Higher Secondary School Certificate, Graduation Certificate Award
- Program specific prerequisite may change according to the course requirements
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
In order to qualify for entry to Master’s study, students must graduate from a recognised university and have successfully completed at least four years of study.
Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study.
- A completed application form;
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- Official documentation confirming professional designations, where applicable;
- Two (2) letters of academic reference attesting to readiness for graduate studies; For those without recent academic experience, letters from employers attesting to management level experience and writing and analytical skills will be acceptable;
- A detailed chronological résumé clearly outlining educational achievements, work experience and progression, and other related experience; and
- A Letter of Intent (LOI) that clearly explains why the applicant is applying and outlines the student’s academic intentions.
English Language Proficiency for Non English Speaking Countries
English is the language of instruction at Canadian Universities and Colleges. If a student’s first language is not English, one of the following must be submitted:
- English 12 or equivalent from a Canadian secondary school, with a grade of 65% or better
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 233 (computer-based test) or 86 (internet-based test)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band and no band less than 5.5
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) overall score of 58
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) score of 5 or better