Admission Process CHINA

Each program at any Chinese universities has its own requirements for entry. Before you start your application, please read the Entry Requirements carefully while you’re browsing the program’s page. Make sure that you are able to meet the requirements and provide copies of the relevant documents.

In accordance with the types of programs, basic requirements of most universities are as follows:

  • Non-degree programs of Chinese language and culture
  • Bachelor’s degree programs
  • Master’s degree programs
  • Doctoral degree programs

General Entry Requirements

International students who want to study at Chinese universities must meet the general requirements set out by both the Chinese government and the university they apply to.

Admission Requirements of the Chinese Government

  1. Applicant must be a real student, who holds a student or visitor visa;
  2. No criminal records. Applicants from some countries are requested to provide a non-criminal certificate notarized and certified by the Chinese Embassy;
  3. Some official sectors restrict the number of applicants from certain countries;
  4. Applicants should have the appropriate qualifications and be able to meet all the requirements (in accordance with the school requirements), be in a reliable financial state and have a guarantor in China;
  5. Transfer students need to provide the agreement certificate from the two schools.

For more information regarding the requirements of the Chinese Government, please contact with the Chinese Ministry of Education or China Scholarship Council.

Admission Requirements of Chinese Universities

In accordance with different levels of degree, Chinese universities have different requirements for all enrolees. Before applying, you must carefully review these requirements.

  • Usually, non-degree language and culture programs have minimum requirements; as long as you have obtained a high school diploma, you can apply for admission.
  • Chinese-medium degree programs (i.e. degree programs taught in Mandarin Chinese) require the applicant to provide HSK results to prove their Chinese language proficiency. Applicants for master’s degrees also need to provide a copy of transcripts and recommendation letters.
  • English-medium programs do not require HSK results. Instead, applicants for English-medium programs should provide recognized English proficiency tests such as TOEFL or IELTS. (English native speakers or those who hold an academic degree taught in English need not provide test scores).
  • More and more universities are starting to offer international programs taught in English. These programs will no longer require HSK examination results and are suitable for international applicants.

This is a list of requirements for different programs: (Applicants may search for degree programs by degree level according to your personal educational background and the following requirements.)

Translate »