To be admitted into a Postgraduate program in Spain a student must meet the following admission requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree that has been obtained from a country inside of the EHEA or in Spain, Or hold a degree deemed to be satisfactory from another country, which would be equivalent to that of a Bachelor’s degree in Spain.
- An application must be submitted to the university in which you would like to attend. There will be an application fee association with the submission of this application and must be included when submitting.
- If entering a Doctoral program the student must have already obtained 60 credits in a classroom.
- If you will be in Spain more than 3 months you will also need a visa, with a copy of that Visa being presented to the school along with your application. If you will be attending for a period of more than six months a student must have both a student’s residence card and a visa.
- All information that is submitted to the university must be submitted in Spanish. If you are from a country that is not Spanish speaking, an official translation must be provided. There are a couple of options for getting an official translation, so make sure this is something that you do. Submitting your documents in a language other than Spanish will delay your acceptance into the university.
- Be sure that all of your information (applications for admission, documents for Visa applications, transcripts, translations, etc.) are submitted well ahead of time so that you are certain everything has been properly processed.
Language Requirements for Studies at Universities in Spain
If your study program or course is taught in English, you will be required to prove your level of command of English by presenting the results you received at English courses. Please, always check with your university whether your English studies are sufficient for you to meet this requirement.
In general, higher education institutions in Europe request student to have a level of command of the language of instruction equivalent to a B1/B2 level according to the scale as described below.
Submission of Documentation
The following documents must be presented upon requesting admission:
- In general, for all programs, it is necessary to present:
- A photocopy of your ID or passport.
- The form “Rights and Obligations of the Participant”, duly signed.
- Additionally, for official master’s degrees, other master’s degrees (másters propios) and postgraduate courses it is necessary to present:
- 1 passport sized photo (.jpg format)
- 1 letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Original and certified photocopy of your university qualification
- For official master’s degrees it is also necessary to present:
- Original and certified photocopy of your academic record